Fill out a no obligation pre-application
Adopting a Child from Thailand FAQs
What children available for adoption from Thailand?
Thai children that are available for adoption receive a great deal of attention and care. They are generally in good health and medical information about them is fairly extensive and reliable. Developmental milestones are described and social information about the background of the birth parents is provided when available. Children range in ages from about three years to pre-teen.
As with many adoption programs, there are usually more boys available than girls. You may state your preference, however, if you only wish to have a girl, you may have to wait longer. All children placed in Thailand are thoroughly tested for HIV and Hepatitis.
How long does it take to adopt a child from Thailand?
From the time the dossier is submitted in Thailand, it can take up to two years to complete the adoption. Our most recent placements were made made in about one and a half to two years.
Who is eligible to adopt from Thailand?
- Marital Status — Parents must be married a minimum of three years. No more than two divorces.
- Age — Parents must be between 25 and 40.
- Gender Preference — Preference is permitted. Boys are easier to match than girls.
- Family composition — Documented infertility and no biological children.
- Health — Parents should be in excellent health without medical concerns; psychological report required.
- Prior arrest — Would consider minor offense more than 5 years ago.
- Income — Financially secure.
- Placement — in all states
Will we be required to travel to Thailand?
Both parents must travel to Thailand before adopting a Thai child. The stay is approximately two weeks to seventeen days. During which time you must appear before the Thai Adoption Board. They will approve the placement. Approximately six months after you arrive home with your child, at the completion of three post-placement reports, you will finalize the adoption in your state of residence. Once the adoption is finalized, you will file the adoption with the Thai Embassy, then secure citizenship for the child.
Is Adopting From Thailand Right For You?
This program continues to be a good fit for those families that are open to a toddler age child or older. Having strong ties to Thailand and the culture is preferred. People entering this program must be patient as the process moves along at its own pace.