South Korean government raised COVID-19 alert to its ‘highest’ level. Like so many places, Eastern Social Welfare Society is not receiving government support to fight the virus. Eastern Social Welfare Society is in urgent need of our support in keeping children in their care safe and healthy from the coronavirus pandemic.
ESWS are offering various programs and services for over 900 children in need including
- Children waiting for adopting in our Babies’ Home and being taken care of by foster parents
- Abandoned and abused children at our Children’s Home / Jacob’s Home / Gyeonggi Pyeongtaek Child Protection Agency
- Physically challenged children in our Eastern Rehabilitation Center in Pyeongtaek
In preventing the Corona Virus to keep the 900 children in ESWS’s care safe and healthy:
- Items such as masks, hand sanitizers, and sterilizing sprays are needed the most.
- To keep places where children are being taken care of clean and safe, it is necessary that ESWS disinfect and sterilize all their facilities at least twice a month.
We know that some of our friends and families are facing their own challenges dues to the virus. Eastern Social Welfare Society has asked for our help. Korea has endured the initial effects of the virus but will need to take preventive measures for months to come. With so many children in their care, the additional costs are extensive. We are hoping to raise $10,000 to help ESWS protect the children in their care from the Coronavirus.
All donations made will be to the benefit of Eastern Social Welfare Society Prevention of COVID-19. Donations can be made securely using our online form. There is a 3% fee charged by the credit processor, (what comes to NB is slightly less than the donation amount designated.) Donations can also be made by check, payable to New Beginnings (put COVID-Korea in the memo), and mail to 87 Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501.
Thank you in advance for your help.