Assessment of prospective adoptive parent(s) and assuring basic program requirements.
New Beginnings’ Fee
For personnel cost, administrative overhead and operational expenses for being an International
Total Agency Fees: $850
Home Study Services Fee
Home study services include reaching an agreement with gathering or causing the gather supporting documents, including clearance as needed, directing adoption education workshops, (country specific workshops may be done by the placing agency), up to four interviews with the applicants, with at least one in the home, drafting report for presentation to the placing agency, making non-judicial determination of the best interest of the child and the appropriateness of the adoptive placement and providing copies and needed for to the applicant to have and the file the necessary documents for an international adoption. (If additional visits are needed for the initial home study, the fee is $150 for each visit.) (Home Study fee is due at contract).
Post-Adoption or Post-Placement Services
For post-adoption supervision, $425 for each report. Minimum three reports are needed, (due at
Total Home Study Services Fees: $3,375
Third Party Fees and Expenses
I-800A filing fee, $775; fingerprints, $85 per adult in home.
Parent Education Workshops
On-line workshops with Adoption Learning Partners.
Total Incidental & Other Expenses: $1,095
Home Study Services Fees and Expenses Summary
|Home Study and Post Adoption Services Fees||$3,375|
|Third Party and Other Expenses||$1,095|
Fees For Other Services
- Home Study Update, Minor Changes: $450.00
A home visit for a Minor Change of Circumstance such as a change in residency, a change in employment that does not substantially reduce income, positive and neutral changes in finances, minor changes in physical health or medications. A home visit to update the Home Study for USCIS for the one-time free extension or to keep the home study current. To respond to a USCIS Request for Evidence (RFE) to make edits or additions to the home study.
- Supplemental Home Study Services: $900.00
Major Changes of Circumstances such as loss of employment or financial security, arrest, allegation of child abuse, change in medical condition, changes in emotional or mental health, pregnancy, difficulty in marital relationship or with significant other, accusation of impropriety or New Beginnings concerns about the prospective adoptive parents’ capacity to raise an adoptive child. Supplemental Home Study Service may be required if there is a failure to disclose critical information for the initial home study, or in response to an RFE on the prospective adoptive parents’ capacity to adopt or undisclosed criminal history.
- Returning Family Home Study: $1,700.00
For families who had a home study previously done by NBFCS and beginning another adoption process.
- Accelerated Services: $500.00
Accelerated services are those that require completion in less than six weeks. Failing to provide a clearance request or other necessary information promptly could also result in accelerated services. Although New Beginnings will make all reasonable efforts to complete the service in the required time, there can be no assurance the shortened time frame can be met.
- Adoption of More than One Child
If adopting more than one child, Post-Adoption or Post Placement Services are increased by $250 for each additional report or child accounted for.
- Exceeds Routine Services
In the event services are requested or required that Exceed Routine Services, New Beginnings reserves the right to charge for such services.
- Preparing or helping to prepare documents for a response to an RFE or NOID, est. fee $700 to $1,000;
- Having to make unanticipated efforts to receive information or documentation from the client, home study agency, the foreign provider (including request to supplement or correct the child’s legal documents), or other person involved in the process, est. fee $500 to $1,000.
- For additional clearances, documentation and interviews for extended family members or other persons living in the home, $300 to $700.
- For finalization that requires filing by NB, $200 to $600. If a court appearance is requested for a representative of New Beginnings, $300/day (as well as mileage and incidental expenses).
- In the event the adoption is in crisis, New Beginnings can charge for additional services including extra post adoption reports, counseling, respite care or attorney services to secure consents, Interstate Compact approvals, etc.
- Copying fee may be charged if duplicate documents are requested and not received or incorrectly copied, $.50/copy.
- NBFCS social worker to visit home (0.55 per mile) and tolls, parking or other common carrier(s). Credit card payments over $500 are subject to a 3% convenience fee.Credit card payments over $500 are subject to a 3% convenience fee.
- Items You Should Not Pay
- New Beginning has disclosed all routine expenses and cost for adoption services. Payments are made to New Beginnings, the home study agency, USCIS, and the US Embassy in country. If payments are made to the cooperating agency, the fee or payment is disclosed.
There are no “unofficial” adoption fees.
- Do not make or offer to make payments beyond what is disclosed without consulting New Beginnings.
- Do not make or offer to make donations before the placement of the child. Do not make or offer to make any payments to anyone to induce the relinquishment of a child.
- Do not pay additional fees to expedite the process abroad.
- Payments to any third party in the adoption process should be reasonable and in proportion to standards in the country.