Assessment of prospective adoptive parent(s) and assuring basic program requirements.
New Beginnings’ Fee
For personnel costs, training and development, administrative overhead, and operational expenses; coordinating the adoption process, administration fees as a supervised provider, filing US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) applications; and pre-and post-adoption support.
Total Agency Fees: $850
Home Study Services Fee
Home study services include gathering supporting documents, clearances as needed, directing adoption education workshops (the placing agency may do country-specific workshops), up to four interviews with the applicants, with up to two visits to the home, drafting a report for presentation to the placing agency, and providing copies and needed for to the Applicant to have and the file the necessary documents for international adoption. For a New York State home study, there is an additional $500. If more than two visits are needed for the initial home study, the fee is $150 for each visit. (Home Study fee is due at contract.)
Post-Adoption or Post-Placement Services
For post-adoption or post-placement supervision, $425 for each report. Unless restricted by state regulations, the Placing agency will determine the number and timing of the reports. Otherwise, NB will require a minimum of three reports. The fees are due at receipt of the child’s information or when billed.
Total Social Services Fees: $3,375
Third Party Fees and Expenses
I-800A filing fee, $775; fingerprints, $85 per adult in home.
Parent Education Workshops
On-line workshops with Adoption Learning Partners.
Total Incidental & Other Expenses: $1,095
Home Study Services Fees and Expenses Summary
|Home Study and Post Adoption Services Fees||$3,375|
|Third Party and Other Expenses||$1,095|
Fees For Other Services
- Home Study Update $450.00
- Examples are a home visit for a change in residency, employment that does not reduce income, positive and neutral changes in finances, and minor changes in physical health or medications. For USCIS, for the one-time free extension or to keep the home study current
- Supplemental Home Study Services: $900.00
- Examples are a loss of employment, financial insecurity, arrest, an allegation of child abuse, change in medical, emotional, or mental health, pregnancy, marital difficulty, an accusation, or concerns about the prospective adoptive parents’ capacity to raise an adoptive child, a failure to disclose critical information such as undisclosed criminal history, a response to an RFE, and when the I-600A has expired, and a new home study is needed
- Accelerated Services: $500.00
- Accelerated services are those that require completion in less than six weeks. Failing to provide a clearance request or other necessary information promptly could also result in accelerated services. Although New Beginnings will make all reasonable efforts to complete the service in the required time, there can be no assurance the shortened time frame can be met.
- Exceeds Routine Services
NB reserves the right to charge for required services that Exceed Routine Services, such as:
- Preparing or helping to prepare documents to respond to an RFE or NOID, est. fee $700 to $1,000.
- Having to make unanticipated efforts to receive information or documentation from the Client, home study agency, or other person involved in the process, est. fee $500 to $1,000.
- To secure additional clearances, documentation, and interviews for extended family members or other persons living in the home, $300 to $700.
- For finalization that requires filing by NB, $200 to $600, if the Court requests an appearance of a NB’s representative, $300/day (as well as mileage or airfare and accommodations if needed).
- If the Adoption or placement is in crisis, NB can charge for extra post-adoption or post-placement reports, counseling, respite care, or attorney services to secure consents, Interstate Compact approvals, etc.
- Adopting two siblings, expect an increase of 50% for NB fees and post-placement/post-adoption services fees. The same increase will be for each additional child.
- NBFCS social worker to visit home (0.62 per mile) and tolls, parking or other common carrier(s). Credit card payments over $500 are subject to a 3% convenience fee. Credit card payments over $500 are subject to a 3% convenience fee.