Since the establishment of ESWS in 1972, there have been many international adoptees to visit Korea in search of their roots. Many adoptees are still very anxious and hopeful to visit Korea. We have been aware of this and try to provide many opportunities, like “Home to Home” for Korean adoptees to find more about their roots and heritage.
With the financial support of both the Government and Eastern Social Welfare Society, ESWS have prepared an invitation program to give more opportunities to the adoptees who wish to reunite with their birth family and to learn more about their roots since their adoption. We will provide financial support for adoptees including their flight and accommodations. We will also be there for emotional support to the participants and their birth families.
Home to Home 2019 Program Information
October 23, 2019 ~ October 30, 2019
Who can apply:
- ESWS adoptees over the age of 18 qualified for the overseas travel
- ESWS will give priority to those who have exchanged the letters or photos with your birth family but have difficulty with homeland visit due to financial problem.
- Adoptees who have not established contact but are having difficulties finding his or her birth family can also apply.
- There are only 5 or 6 people invited to the program, and there will be a waitlist.
- Application Form(PDF)
- A letter or essay of self-introduction including the motivation for applying and the reason for receiving the financial aid.
- A recent photo.
- A letter of recommendation from the counterpart agency.
Application deadline: August 9, 2019
Participant selection will be announced: August 23, 2019
- Meeting with the birth family and other services (file review, meeting with foster mother, visiting
- Visiting ESWS and Eastern Welfare Town in Pyeongtaek & volunteer activities
- Sightseeing and experiencing Korea culture
What we provide:
- W1,000,000(Korean Won) for the airfare
- Please purchase the ticket first and then we will reimburse the amount once they visit Korea.
- When the flight ticket is under W1,000,000, we’ll reimburse the full amount. For example, if the flight ticket is W900,000, we’ll give you W900,000.
- Invoice and receipt should be submitted.
- Accommodation: 2 persons/per room at Guest House. (The cost will be covered up to seven nights.)
- The expenses for cultural experiences
* NOTE: We provide the support only for adoptees.
For more information: [email protected] (Social worker: Kang, Ok Jin)