Moroccan Adoption Fees And Expenses
Fees, Descriptions and Overview
Moroccan Adoption Fee List
|Application (AFP) Due with Application||$350|
New Beginnings’ Fee
$3,500 due with Agreement
$3,000 due at referral
|IAAME Fee Due with Agreement||$500|
Total Agency Fees: $7,350
Moroccan Program Fee
$3,500 due at home study approval; $7,500 due at acceptance of referral
Orphanage Fee, paid to orphanage directly
Due when kafala is requested
Total Moroccan Program Fees: $13,000
Third Party Fees and Expenses
|USCIS Expenses – I-600A filing fee, $775; fingerprints, $85 per adult in home, N-600 $1,170||$2,115|
|State Adoption Attorney to finalize the kafala in U.S.||$700 to $2,500|
|Parent Education Workshops – Online workshops with Adoption Learning Partners||$150|
|Travel and Overseas Expenses (estimate) – expenses for air travel, hotel, meals, medical and visa||$6,000 to $9,000|
Total Incidental and Other Expenses: $8,965 to 13,765
New Beginnings’ Social Services
(New Beginnings does the home study and post-adoption services for families living in our service area of NY, NJ, PA or FL. Families that live outside our service area will use a local home study provider.)
Due at contract
$425 for each report; minimum four reports are needed. Due at Submission of EP
For qualified families, the Adoption Tax Credit can reduce the cost of the adoption by as much as $13,600.
Moroccan Adoption Fee Descriptions
- Application Fee:
- Assessment of prospective adoptive parent(s) and assuring basic program requirements.
- New Beginnings’ Services:
- Adoption expenses in the U.S. to establish a service plan and ensure all adoption services are provided and consistent with applicable laws and regulations. Agency fees are for personnel cost, staff training and development, administrative overhead, and operational expenses. Also, for coordinating the adoption process, including conducting or supervising home study services, parent education includes child-specific education, assisting in filing U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) applications, post-placement supervision until the adoption is finalized, pre-and post-adoption support.
- Program Coordination:
- Foreign country program expenses: For program development; monitor and oversight, training, compiling, and receiving a referral of a child that includes the Child’s Background Study; establish the itinerary and transportation abroad, provide facilitator in the country to arrange for kafala and assist the family in Morocco; monitor the placement while in-country, post-placement administration for submission of self-reports to Consulate, (10,100); Translation and legal expenses: for obtaining and translating documents required to complete the adoption, for the child’s court documents, passport, kafala certificate and other documents related to the adoption; (900).
- Pass through to Intercountry Adoption Accreditation and Maintenance Entity, Inc. for monitoring and oversight of adoption service providers. The fee is $500 per child to be adopted.
- Orphanage Contribution:
- For childcare expenses.
The Costs of International Adoption
IInternational adoption can be expensive, but assistance is available. There are organizations and foundations that provide grants and loans to help families adopting. There are many options available for financial assistance. For a list of organizations that provide assistance for international adoption, click here. In addition, the adoption tax credit is a big benefit and is available to most families. This can be a savings of over $13,750
Comparing expenses between agencies can be complicated. When comparing cost, New Beginnings has one of the least expensive Morocco, Thai and China programs and our fees are very competitive for the Korea Program.
New Beginnings fees are presented in a straight forward, simple fashion. We include fees for the home study, post-adoption, the agency and the foreign organization. Also include are incidental fee that are paid to third parties in the adoption process. To see a Sample Adoption Servcie Agreement, click here. If you want more information on a particular program, contact New Beginnings and ask for the Adoption Service Agreement for your porgram.
Budgeting For International Adoption
When you’ve made the decision to adopt, it makes sense to put together a financial plan before you begin the process. Adoptions come with the standard agency, legal and home study fees, but for international adoptions, there are additional travel, visa expenses and a fee to the foreign agency to consider.
Here are a few tips on how to plan and prepare for these expenses