Assessment of prospective adoptive parent(s) and assuring basic program requirements.
New Beginnings’ Fee
Fees are to establish a service plan and ensure all adoption services are consistent with applicable laws and regulations. Personnel costs, training and development, administrative overhead, and operational expenses. Also, for coordinating the adoption process, including parent education and child-specific education, assisting in filing US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) applications, and pre-and post-adoption support
Pass through to Intercountry Adoption Accreditation and Maintenance Entity, Inc. is the accrediting
Total Agency Fees: $8,250
For program development; monitoring and overseeing the Thailand process; training, helping identify a child for adoption; receiving a referral that includes the Child’s Background Study. Includes Contribution (3,000) transferred to the orphanage for the care of the children, preparing the background study, and arranging the adoption.
Total Program Fees: $5,500
Third-Party Fees and Travel Expenses
I-800A filing fee, $775; fingerprints, $85 per adult in the home, visa application, citizenship application.
Estimate expenses associated with the legalization of the dossier and translation.
|$600 to $900|
Parent Education Workshops
Online workshops with Adoption Learning Partners.
|$150 to $300|
Pre-Adoption Medical Review
Required for home study.
|$250 to $600|
Travel and Overseas Expenses
Est. expenses for air travel, hotel, meals, finalization, and visa.
|$6,000 to $9,000|
Required for home study.
|$400 to $1,000|
State Adoption Attorney
To finalize in the US.
|$700 to $2,500|
Total Third Party Expenses: $10,865 to 17,040
New Beginnings’ Social Services
New Beginnings does the home study and post-adoption services for families living in our service area of NY, NJ, PA or FL. Families who live outside our service area will use a local home study provider.
Due at contract.
$425 for each report. Minimum of 4 reports are needed (due at referral).
Total Social Services: $3,400
Thailand Adoption Fees and Expenses Summary
|Third-Party and Other Expenses||$10,865 to 17,040|
|New Beginning’s Home Study Services||$3,400|
|Final Adoption Cost||$26,775 to 30,375|
Fees For Other Services
- Home Study Update $450.00
Examples are a home visit for a change in residency, employment that does not reduce income, positive and neutral changes in finances, and minor changes in physical health or medications. For USCIS, for the one-time free extension or to keep the home study current
- Supplemental Home Study Services $900.00
Examples are a loss of employment, financial insecurity, arrest, an allegation of child abuse, change in medical, emotional, or mental health, pregnancy, marital difficulty, an accusation, or concerns about the prospective adoptive parents’ capacity to raise an adoptive child, a failure to disclose critical information such as undisclosed criminal history, a response to an RFE, and when the I-600A has expired, and a new home study is needed.
- Supervision of Social Services $800.00
- The fee for supervising the cooperating agency conducting the Home Study is 500, due at agreement. For supervising the cooperating agency conducting post-placement reports, 300 is due at referral. We require a Post-Placement Commitment letter from your Home Study Agency showing all fees to them for post-placement services have been paid.
NB reserves the right to charge for required services that Exceed Routine Services, such as:
- Preparing or helping to prepare documents to respond to an RFE or NOID, est. fee $700 to $1,000.
- Having to make unanticipated efforts to receive information or documentation from the client, home study agency, foreign provider (including a request to supplement or correct the child’s legal documents), or other person involved in the process, est. fee $500 to $1,000.
- To secure additional clearances, documentation, and interviews for extended family members or other persons living in the home, $300 to $700.
- For finalization that requires filing by NB, $200 to $600, if the Court requests an appearance of an NB’s representative, $300/day (as well as mileage or airfare and accommodations if needed).
- If the adoption or placement is in crisis, NB can charge for extra post-adoption or post-placement reports, counseling, respite care, or attorney services to secure consents, Interstate Compact approvals, etc.
- Adopting two siblings, fees for IAAME and Contributions will double. Post-placement/post-adoption services fees will increase by 50%. In addition, there can be as much as a 50% increase in NB fees and Program fees. A new fee disclosure will be presented
- Copying fees, charged if duplicate documents are requested and not received or incorrectly copied, $.50/copy.
- NBFCS social worker to visit home (0.62 per mile) and tolls, parking, or other common carriers (s). Credit card payments over $500 are subject to a 3% convenience fee.