Considering a waiting child?
Fill out a no-obligation pre-application
The Morocco Waiting Child Page Was Last Updated October 20, 2023
What is the Waiting Child Program?
For many clients, a waiting child adoption is a wonderful way to add to their family. A waiting child is a child who is legally free for adoption but does not yet have a permanency plan. A child may be waiting because they are older or in a sibling group. Some children may have medical or emotional needs or a birth family risk. These children are waiting to thrive and meet their full potential in a family, and New Beginnings has committed to finding families who would best meet these children’s needs. In many cases, the adoption process for a waiting child can be expedited, and often financial assistance is available to families, along with additional preparation and support.
Who can inquire about a waiting child?
If you are a family that is flexible, accepting, resilient, and willing to do additional training and preparation specific to the needs of a waiting child, this program may be a good fit for you. Prospective adoptive parents who wish to learn more should:
- Have a current home study or completed one within the last three years; families currently in the home study process are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Meet the specific country Program Requirements for the country from which the child is being adopted.
How do I learn more about current waiting children? New Beginnings is committed to protecting all waiting children’s personal information and birth stories, so minimal information is shared initially.
- To access the children available: The buttons below will take you to the Access Form for that program. You will need to meet the country program requirement. You must also agree to a Confidentiality Statement. Upon submission of the Access form, you will be sent a password to the site. Once on this page, you can review a brief description of each child.
- To learn more about a specific child, contact the Country Program Director indicated at the bottom of the listing. The Country Program Director will talk with you in more detail to determine your eligibility, availability, and suitability for the child. Upon a review, you may be given access to additional, more detailed information about the child in which you are interested.
- Getting the match or referral: After approval to proceed, once the home study is ready, we will file the necessary documents for I-600A or I-800A approval from USCIS. We will then submit your dossier for foreign country approval. If you have an active case in the program, getting the referral should be much faster.
Join us for a Morocco orientation on December 14. 2023, at 8:00 p.m. EST. The Orientations will provide an overview of the Morocco Kafala and the adoption process with New Beginnings Family and Children’s Services. Registration Link
International adoption remains a popular way of building your family. The decision to adopt a child from a foreign country is a life changing one for both you and the child here are some things to consider to see if this is right for you.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you consider an adoption from Korea. Do you: Want a child that is healthy, well cared for and under the age of 3 years? Want an adoption process that is fast, in most cases under one year? Want an adoption process that is...